ohai, dis iz a repeet uv my erlier post:
ahem, attenshun pls, ai haz an NOUNCEMENT!!!
dis iz fur awl teh Yewnited Staits: Cheezpeeps ~ teh sekkund Caturday in May (May 12) will be teh 20th annual Letter Carriers Fud Drive.
/lolspeak off: This is the largest single day food drive in America, and I hope everyone will try to leave 1-2 pieces of non-perishable food at your mailbox for your carrier to pick up. In the 19 years of this charity, the USPS has gathered over 1 Billion pounds of food to distribute to local foodshelves. The food stays in your area, so you are helping the families in your own community.
Please leave non-perishable items (nothing needing refrigeration) out on May 12. Common sense says: nothing that’s been opened, no rusty/bulging/expired date cans, no unlabeled food. Bags of rice, beans, etc, canned goods, boxed dinners and pasta, etc. are very good. This is the time of year that schools will be letting out for summer soon, and hungry kids will not have a hot lunch provided until fall.
If every mailbox in the USA has one piece of food in it, this will be a record-breaking year for us. Thank you all. ai now return tu owr regular silliness.
*sneeks in and hangs a poster up*
Our cheezfriend in TTI, Tidmum is doing the Race for life again this year. It’s a fundraising race for cancer research.
She did it a couple of years ago with Ambercat.
Ambercat did it several years, even last year, just a couple of months before she passed over the bridge.
If you want to support Tidmum and her walking team with munnies – you can do so here.
And if u can’t support wif munnies – we all understand that too – u can support her wif sum enkurraging commints! All support is good support!!
Yay for Tidmum and her walking buddies!!
*LCB runs in with numbers and pictures of kittehs stuck all over her*
O hai, guise! It’s time to start preparing the 20Twelbity Cheezland Calendar. The 20Eelbenty Calendar project that featured pics of our pets raised enough money to sponsor 6 feet of perimeter fencing at the Big Cats Rescue sanctuary in Florida. That’s $600! This year’s beneficiary will be Cat Action Trust Cork, one of the organizations Cheezpeep Muriel Lumb works with.
By popular insistence, we will once again be featuring your pet pics in 20Twelbity, in these 12 categories:
- DO NOT WANT (cone of shame, shaved, wet, etc.)
- Kitteh Lurve (cuddly, snuggly kittehs)
- Then/Now (aka Kitz II Catz, baby and adult pix of same cat)
- Kittehs with Toys (playing with or cuddling with)
- Non-Kitteh Pets
- Kittehs with Non-Kittehs
- I/You Has a Flavor (Kittehs washing themselves or others)
- Drama Kittehs (Kittehs in dramatic poses or with striking facial expressions)
- Snorgle Snorkel Bait (Kittehs showing their bellies)
- Toepads, Pinky and Not-So-Pinky
- Heart Pets (Dearly departed kittehs and other pets)
How Can I Halp?
The biggest help everyone can provide is to respect and abide by the following ground rules.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR PET IN ANY DANGER TO TAKE A PICTURE.
- NO MORE THAN 4 pictures per Cheezpeep, PLEASE. We are aware that many of you have way more than one pet, past and present, but space on each page is very limited. Every pet of every Cheezpeep simply will not fit every year. Choose wisely.
- Please submit only one picture per category. (Exception: the Then/Now category requires you to submit 2 pictures that we will edit together. Be aware that those 2 pictures WILL count as 2 of your 4 allotted pics.) Again, choose wisely.
- PLEASE do not flout Rules 2 and 3 by submitting more than your quota and asking us to choose for you. PRETTY PLEASE. With sugar on it. Too many peeps tried that last year and pictures got overlooked because of it. *whimpers*
- PLEASE include your ICHC screen name and your pet’s name with your submission. A few peeps’ pics were left out last year because of confusion caused by missing or incomplete information.
- NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. The pictures must be your own. Examples: If you or a friend or family member took a picture of your pet, that’s ok to submit. If you snagged a random picture from the internet because it made you lol, that’s not ok to submit.
- Submit pictures of only your own pets, please. Sorry, but there is not enough space for your extended family’s pets and/or your neighbors’ pets. (Exception: If you don’t have a pet of your own, you can use a family pet pic.)
- No LOLS or captioned pictures, please. The final position/sizing of your picture might be too small for any text to be legible. If space permits, we will add a label with your pet’s name on it. We reserve the right to crop pictures to fit and/or to better highlight the pet.
- Blurry pic? DO NOT WANT. These will be printed on paper, so use as clear a picture as you can. Resolution should be no less than 150 dpi. If you don’t know what this means or how to check, don’t worry. We’ll figure something out. If you took it with a digital camera it is probably ok. Ditto if it’s scanned.
Ok, Ok. How Can I Submit?
E-mail your submissions, together or separately, to lolcatburglar at gmail dot com NO LATER THAN Sunday November 6 at 9pm Cheezland Time (Pacific). These can be pictures attached to the e-mail or links to pictures on your Facebook page or elsewhere (make sure permissions are set to public or that we otherwise would have access). If submitting more than one pic at a time, be sure to clarify what information goes with what picture. Remember to include:
- Your screen name
- The name(s) of the pet(s)
- The category that you are submitting each pic for
If you have problems e-mailing, or only have a print version of your picture(s) and no way to digitize, let LCB know and we’ll work something out, snailmailwise.
The Fine Print (In a Large Font)
By submitting any picture, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by the above rules, and that the picture(s) are not copyrighted material and are not owned by someone else. You also acknowledge that all proceeds from sale of any item including your picture will go to a charitable organization and that you will receive no monetary compensation for participating. But you will get tons of good karma. *nods*
Dis b frum Nightshayde via FaceBook:
OK, Folks. This is it — my final push for donations. Tomorrow is my Swim for Equality & I’m inching ever closer to my fundraising goal. If you’ve been meaning to donate & haven’t gotten around to it, please do so today. If you have just been ignoring the posts up until now, but are anti-discrimination, please consider making a donation. http://www.eqca.org/equalityswim/shayna
Sparkysmom sendinged mii dis:
Oh, my cween ! da kittehs needs us ! I founded dis on IMMD – i gabe a small munnie, yu can do it wif da paypal inna cupple klicks.
Casa de los Gatos is Arizona’s largest no-kill cat shelter. Founded in 2005 by Beth Montes, the shelter initially functioned as a sanctuary for special needs cats. Before long, Casa de los Gatos expanded to serve all cats. They have since taken in newborns, abandoned senior cats, and several unclaimed cats that lost their homes in Hurricane Katrina.
Now, Casa de los Gatos needs some help. They are almost out of food and litter for the cats and their gas has been shut off. They are asking for donations to help get the gas turned back on, and to pay for rent and other bills.
To donate, or learn about other ways you can help, visit www.casadelosgatos.org.